We invest in communities that support democracy in pursuit of the Common Good.
We believe the Common Good depends on our ability to live and grow together as neighbors in vibrant communities.
For example, we build mixed-income housing and spaces for education and childcare programs, entrepreneurs, and community spaces for arts and culture, including:
– Creating and preserving 340 units of scattered site mixed-income housing and special needs housing and a 25-room homeless shelter, with 213 units in development
– Developing 70,000 square feet of commercial and community space in historic buildings and neighborhoods, including:
- Day Care Center for 48 children
- Senior Center
- Early College Center for Bard Early College for 70 students
- Alternative Education Center for 70 students
- After School Program Center
- Nonprofit Office Spaces
- Nonprofit Neighborhood Grocery Store
- Head Start Center
- Commercial spaces for small businesses
- In development, a 450-seat theater
- In development, a 32-room hotel with ground floor’s retail space